While back pain is very common, it’s also one of the most debilitating complaints we treat.
Whether it’s a sports injury, accident or other issue, we can work with you to relieve neck pain.
Our speech therapy experts can help you improve speech and reduce the frustration of speech issues.
Our licensed occupational therapists can help you get back to work as quickly and safely as possible.
Feeling stressed? Anxious? Noticing pain or muscle tension that wasn’t there before? We can help!
Our ML830® laser is an innovative tool to help a variety of conditions. And it’s the only one in the area.
Speech Disorders and Language Disorders
A speech disorder refers to a problem with the actual production of sounds, whereas a language disorder refers to a difficulty understanding or putting words together to communicate ideas.
Speech disorders include:
- Articulation disorders: difficulties producing sounds in syllables or saying words incorrectly to the point that listeners can't understand what's being said.
- Fluency disorders: problems such as stuttering, in which the flow of speech is interrupted by abnormal stoppages, repetitions (stuttering), or prolonging sounds and syllables (stuttering).
- Resonance or voice disorders: problems with the pitch, volume, or quality of the voice that distract listeners from what's being said. These types of disorders may also cause pain or discomfort for a child when speaking.
- Dysphagia/oral feeding disorders: these include difficulties with drooling, eating, and swallowing.
Language disorders can be either receptive or expressive:
- Receptive disorders: difficulties understanding or processing language.
- Expressive disorders: difficulty putting words together, limited vocabulary, or inability to use language in a socially appropriate way.